How do you spend your mornings?
Mornings, especially for a busy mom, can be a great time to mentally prepare for the day. Even if it's only 15 minutes, for me, it can make or break my entire day. Here are the 3 things I do every morning.
1) Make a List - lists help me keep on top of my buys days, and maximize my time management so I can balance my myself, my hubby, my kids, my pets, and my business.
2) Reflect - I check in with myself. I make sure I am taking care of me. If I am not doing well, no one is doing well.
3) Read - Even if it is just a quick article, I try to read something that puts a new idea in my head for the day. I like science, and have a list of books and articles that I want to read so I can quickly grab one and read a bit of it.
Typically all with a cup of coffee.
Adventures in Leftovers...
Hubby likes to take breakfast burritos in the mornings for a grab and go breakfast. I made a batch the other day and had some leftover Boulder Sausage Brand Chorizo Sausage and Eggs. My kids won't eat it, it's a bit too spicy for them…so, how do I use these leftover eggs...
We still have some Pork Green Chili leftover, so I made a little breakfast soup for myself. I took the Chorizo Egg mixture and poured some hot Green Chili over it and BAM, Breakfast Soup!
I have a habit I need to break. I like to sip my hot coffee, so it often gets cold before I finish a cup. My habit is that I will top off my cup to warm it back up. Before I know it I've had too much. Today I've had too much!
Craving a good grilled cheese sandwich!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich success! Added Nitrate Free ham, Raw Milk Cheese on Sprouted Rye Bread. Served with a side of homemade red cabbage and kale sauerkraut.
Afternoon hot chocolate date with M2. Hot chocolate with whole milk (I always use and buy whole milk), and 1/2 the normal amounts of syrup, really just because I don't like it that sweet.
Why Whole Milk? I never recommend 2% and definitely not skim (gag), for several reasons.
1. The vitamins in whole milk are fat soluble, meaning they cannot be absorbed into the body without the presence of fat!
2. The more fat% the greater the amount of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) found in the milk. CLA signals the body to turn fat into muscle. They actually sell it as a weight loss supplement.
3. It tastes better
It is a special occasion to be able to take my kiddo's out to dinner, just us girls. When we get the chance, I let the girls pick. Their favorite…"The Rice Pudding Place"…aka Mt. Everest Cafe. We have been going there for the past 7 years, and it's always good…too good, which is why I have to limit our visits to every couple of months.
My hubby jokes that I become a vegetarian when we go out to dinner. I like to eat vegetarian dishes, I am just horrible at cooking them, so when we go out I like to get something I can't make at home. Mt. Everest has amazing eggplant curry. Eggplant is a vegetable I refuse to try and cook anymore, it NEVER turns out well. So, I get a little excited about a good eggplant dish, and this eggplant curry is the best.
NOTE: Me and buffets don't get along. I always start off good, but end up going back one too many times.
Rice, Eggplant Curry, Saag, Vegetable Samosa, and Naan.
Then I went back for a little more eggplant and saag…"Fill it up again…once it hits your lips…It's so good…)
Of course, I couldn't skip the rice pudding…it's the whole reason the girls want to come here. And, the rice pudding is not complete without some Banana Pakora.
TOO MUCH FOOD! Now it's time to watch a movie and enjoy my food coma. It was so worth it though.